lovely day

The sun sends down warm beams that hit my shoulders and face while creating a glistening effect on the water. The waves slowly meander to the shore in a rhythmic and calm way that seems to be creating a song of patience and freedom. As my feet move through the water and create small splashes, I feel grateful for the coolness on my tired, dirty and achy feet. Looking out into the water again, there are so many shades of blues mixing together and merging with the sky. 
Taking in the beauty and simplicity of this moment was easy, I felt at peace and free and loved. Squinting into the sun, I continued to look out at the creation around me and feel the sun beat down on my shoulders and face.

//

In standard fashion, I have found myself in a coffee shop. And by “found myself” I mean I was walking around looking for one, found one and walked inside. After ordering my drink and sitting at a table, I began to reflect on my time here so far. This was mainly prompted by the song softly playing in the background (which I think is on a continuous loop) that joyfully sang “its a lovely day, lovely day, lovely day”. It had me thinking about how it truly is a lovely day. Just like how the beach yesterday was a lovely day. And everyday I’ve been here. Sure, there are bad moments, but overall these days have been lovely and incredible. Because just as the sun continues to send down warm beams onto my shoulders and face, Christ the Son is also sending down warm beams of His love and mercy into my heart. I am here to serve, be His hands and feet, and spread His love and mercy that He pours out into my heart. 
His beams are sweet and warm and full of love. They make you feel content and peaceful and so loved. Therefore, it makes sense to soak in His beams as we would soak in beams from the sun. With Him in our lives, everything is more joyful, more peaceful, more happy. And every day with Him is a lovely day. 
So I’m going to soak in His beams of love and mercy more fully everyday, more freely everyday. Tilting back my face so it’s filled with the direct warmth and saying: “it’s a lovely day”


Comments

Popular Posts